A man was on the water for his weekly fishing trip. He began his day with an 8-pound bass on the first cast and a 7-pounder on the second. On the third cast he had just caught his first ever bass over 11 pounds when his cell phone rang.
It was a doctor notifying him that his wife had just been in a terrible accident and was in critical condition and in the ICU. The man told the doctor to inform his wife where he was, and that he’d be there as soon as possible. As he hung up he realized he was leaving what was shaping up to be his best day ever on the water.
He decided to get in a couple of more casts before heading to the hospital. He ended up fishing the rest of the morning, finishing his trip with a stringer like he’d never seen, with 3 bass over 10 pounds. He was jubilant.
Then he remembered his wife. Feeling guilty, he dashed to the hospital. He saw the doctor in the corridor and asked about his wife’s condition.
The doctor glared at him and shouted, “You went ahead and finished your fishing trip didn’t you! I hope you’re proud of yourself! While you were out for the past four hours enjoying yourself on the pond, your wife has been anguishing in the ICU! It’s just as well you went ahead and finished, because it will be more than likely the last fishing trip you ever take! For the rest of her life she will require ’round the clock care. And you’ll be her care giver forever!”
The man was feeling so guilty he broke down and sobbed.
The doctor then chuckled and said, “I’m just pulling your leg. She’s dead. What’d you catch?”
A store that sells new husbands has just opened in New York City, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates. You may visit the store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights.
There is, however, a catch: you may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!
So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.
On the first floor the sign on the door reads:
Floor 1 – These men have jobs.
The second floor sign reads:
Floor 2 – These men have jobs and love kids.
The third floor sign reads:
Floor 3 – These men have jobs, love kids, and are extremely good looking.
“Wow,” she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.
She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:
Floor 4 – These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help
with the housework.
“Oh, mercy me!” she exclaims, “I can hardly stand it”
Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads:
Floor 5 – These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with
the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.
She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign
Floor 6 – You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.
20 Reasons Why Fishing is Better than Sex!
- 20 – No matter how much whiskey you’ve had, you can still Fish.
- 19 – A limp rod is still useful while Fishing.
- 18 – You don’t have to hide your Fishing magazines.
- 17 – It is perfectly acceptable to pay a professional to Fish with you once in a while.
- 16 – The Ten Commandments don’t say anything against Fishing.
- 15 – If your partner takes pictures or videotapes of you Fishing, you don’t have to worry about them showing up on the Internet if you become famous.
- 14 – Your Fishing partner doesn’t get upset about people you Fished with long ago.
- 13 – It’s perfectly respectable to Fish with a total stranger.
- 12 – When you see a really good Fishing person, you don’t have to feel guilty about imagining the two of you Fishing together.
- 11 – If your regular Fishing partner isn’t available, he/she won’t object if you Fish with someone else.
- 10 – Nobody will ever tell you that you will go blind if you Fish by yourself.
- 9 – When dealing with a Fishing pro, you never have to wonder if they are really an undercover cop.
- 8 – You don’t have to go to a sleazy shop in a seedy neighborhood to buy Fishing stuff.
- 7 – You can have a Fishing calendar on your wall at the office,tell Fishing jokes, and invite coworkers to Fish with you without getting sued for harassment.
- 6 – There are no Fishing-transmitted diseases.
- 5 – If you want to watch Fishing on television, you don’t have to subscribe to the Playboy channel.
- 4 – Nobody expects you to Fish with the same partner for the restof your life.
- 3 – Nobody expects you to give up Fishing if your partner loses interest in it.
- 2 – You don’t have to be a newlywed to plan a vacation primarily to enjoy your favorite activity.
- 1 – Your Fishing partner will never say, “Not again? We just Fished last week! Is Fishing all you ever think about?”